Monday, March 28, 2016

December 2015




Merry Christmas
and
Season's greetings to you and yours!
December has come so quickly! 
It took longer than usual to get into a routine this year.
 I don't really know why, it just did. 
But when routine came I set a day aside for a composing class.  
Early this fall there was a song going around that contained only "C"'s.  It was very creative and I put it in the back of my mind to do something similar for composing with my students.  So last week I had a composing class and we all wrote songs that contained only one letter name but could use as many of the same note name in any position on the staff.  
What a fun class that was!  And so successful.  The children got right into it and enjoyed being creative with the "surprise cards"
after their composition was supposedly finished. 
I've posted the file at the teachers notebook store for you to take a look at
and perhaps use with your students. 

When I was younger I thought by the time I reached the age I am right now life be would a lot simpler.   But not so.  But I am grateful for what life has brought us through and the journey ahead with family.  May you have a wonderful Christmas and many blessings with family and friends.
Musicallyours,
Lois
Solo Time Music Games

No comments: