Friday, February 13, 2015

January 2015

January Greetings!

How did your 2015 musical year start?  Were you excited to be back or were you hoping for a few more days of relaxation?  Both emotions were with me as I started 2015.   I have particular days of the week that have me excited about teaching and one day in particular (I won't say which one) that is especially trying.  I do my best to bring the same energy to every day but sometimes I just have to put on my happy face and face what the students bring to me.  

But on the up side my 2014 Christmas recital was the greatest recital I've ever had. A new family came on board this year and they created an environment of cheering and clapping after every student played. Every child was a superstar, the atmosphere was electric and I loved it. 

My family Christmas was also delightful as all my children were able to be here in spite of the mountains roads being treacherous from Alberta. Jakob and Declan were here for a week so I was happy being grandma.  Our other news is that my other daughter and her husband are expecting a little one by  adoption with in the next few months.   Such exciting times!

I may be having wonderful time but I also had a virus since October! Good grief, I've taken everything under the sun to try and battle it except a good hot holiday to somewhere but that has to wait until March. 

But I do hope you have been well and before it's to late I wish to get out this Caterpillar Composing activity to use with your students during the composition season with Music For Young Children. It's free as I feel I'm sending it out a bit late so  I hope some of you can make use of it.

If you are a Music for Young Children teacher have you registered for the International Conference in Halifax this July?  I'm registered and looking forward to connecting with many of you there.  I haven't seen the east coast for many years so I'm looking forward to spending sometime after the conference touring. 

Also the Solo Time Games website is down for repairs so if you need anything check out the Solo Time Games Teachers Notebook site for awesome teaching resources and teaching aids. 

Musicallyours,

Lois Dicknoether
Solo Time Music Games
info@solotimemusicgames.com 

Solo Time Music Games
are designed to instill a life long passion 
and understanding of music and its concepts 
through a fun hands on experience.

No comments: