Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Printable and Resources

sources
Greetings,
A couple of weeks ago, a colleague of mine was quite ill and unable to teach her lessons so her husband stepped into her role as teacher and taught her classes for her. I was so impressed! I asked my husband if he could ever step in for me if I needed him to. He informed that under no circumstances would there ever be any benefit to either him or the students if he were to step into my role. Whether he could cover for me in this way or not, I have to say that he has stood behind me through all my years of teaching MYC, from recitals to conversations about frustrating situations, so I guess that's good enough.

Here's wishing all a Happy Father's Day and a big thank you to all those who have supported our passions for teaching music.

I'm so glad that many of you printed the Before and After Bookmark Printable for your students. It is an honour to know that you value this teaching aid and plan on using it with your students. There are many other resources and Printables located on the website for only $1.99 or less. This  small cost goes toward hosting the website so the teaching products are readily available when you need inspiration or assistance.

Recital time is over; now registration begins. I have a week-long visit with my grandson, Jakob, coming up, plus a trip to Thailand! If any of you have been there, I would love to hear any tips or must-see sights you might recommend. Once I am home again I'm involved in some "try- it" classes, some new marketing plans to implement and then it will be fall again!

But first, let's enjoy the summer as we all know that it will end all too quickly and we'll be back into the swing of teaching before we know it.

I wish you a wonderful June with year-end recitals and parties followed by a totally relaxing summer!

Musicallyours,

Lois Dicknoether
 MYC Certified Teacher
 Solo Time Music Games
info@solotimemusicgames.com 

Solo Time Music Games
are designed to instill a life long passion 
and understanding of music and its concepts 
through a fun hands on experience.

 Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFind us on Google+View our videos on YouTubeFind us on Pinterest
To Market To Market
As we go into the season of marketing our businesses, it's important to validate our potential parents' decisions regarding their placing their children into our music programs and lessons.
They are relying on us to remind them why they are
investing in us and our studios and in their children's educations.

Reassure parents that their decision is a wise one and its value and implications are lifelong. Colleen Francis states that
"Clients who are emotionally connected to you will stay longer than those who are just satisfied." 

No comments: